Help Needed for Norelco AD5200 12"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help Needed for Norelco AD5200 12"

Presently im using my Norelco AD5200 in to my open baffles (Old Japanese design) i seen from JElabs. but now im planning to build cabinet. please advise on which existing designs i can use.. is it possible to use a horn loaded design? if possible pleeease send drawing..:D

Thank you very much in advance..

Regards:)

Hi Norelco,

I have a pair of Philips AD12202 similar to your Norelco AD5200. I fitted them in a Backloaded Horn Enclosure. They produce very good sound. Warm, smooth and rich bass. The enclosure is emulated JBL C34 design. The following is the enclosure design:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Good luck!!! Cheers!!!:D :D :D

David

Thanks for the advice;) , did you put add'l tweeter to support the hi frequency? sorry i cannot view the pictures you inserted to your reply.. what amplifier are you using? do you think is it ok to use into a ST70 Dynaco power amp?? if is ok to you to you to post the plan / drawing?:D

Thanks & Regards

Hi Norecol,

The Philips AD 12202 is quite easy to drive with most tube amps (300B, 6v6, EL84, Darling amp 1626 etc...). I do add a super tweeter to cover the high range as it roll off at 12,000hzs.

The amp in the photo is Consonance M99 plus, Rated at 20W. Very sweet and smooth sounding amp. Your Dynaco ST70 should have no problem with the AD5200.

You can see the enclosure plan at this link:

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/plans/C34.htm

Good Luck!!! Cheers!!!
:) :) :)

Hi Norelco,

I put rock-wool in the enclosure (as indicated in the attached picture) as damping material. It is advised that you don't put too much damping in the enclosure as it may make it sound dead.

It is also advisable to use 3/4" plywood to make the box.

Good luck!!!:D :D :D

Well, just plugging the numbers into a calculator, it wants a ~459.11 L vented cab tuned to ~33.1 Hz for am a maximally flat response. the smallest practical cab would be ~127.15 L, so how much bass extension can you afford in cab size?

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.