F120A question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
counting you have a very wide experience with speakers, i would like to ask your opinion about the fostex F120 A driver.

It's all because I'm planing to change my Fe207E, wich i think that they are very good, but not suitable for a bass reflex box 20Litre.

Before going back to the classic 2 way speaker kit like seas, or vifa's, I look olso some smaller full range driver, and good quality.

other options are the supravox, and jordans, though Jordans are maybe more suited for a loaded horn.

An other thing is the magnet that F120A uses, alnico. I'm quite newbie, but apart from the price, what is the gain with alnico magnets.

if some has listen to F120A and bigger fostex like mine with 8", I would much appreciate a sincere opinion.
thanks in advance for your help;)

Juanito:)

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Someone has claimed the FX120 to be very good

For some reason, I dont like the look of the cone on F120A, and the alnico makes it rather expencive ... someone in here who had both, prefered the FX120, but ofcourse we might think different

I think I would prefer one of the smaller Supravox or Veravox

But I havent heard any of theese:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.