an interesting surprise ( Bose related)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I took off the grills on my Mediamates and found that, unlike any of the other Bose drivers I've seen, they have rubber surrounds instead of foam.

I find it funny that Bose's lowest cost system, their stereo (2.0 i guess its called these days) computer set, is not only one of their few systems that sound decent, but has drivers that will last longer. The Mediamates sold for $90, and were clearanced to $50 a few years back, which was when I got them.

Guess even Bose produces a "sleeper" every now and then. Btw I listened to the Companion 2, which replaced the Mediamates, BAH! Sure, they do extend higher in the treble than the Mediamates, but it sounds too harsh and scratchy to be much an improvement, and the bass is worse than the Wave Radio, which my Mediamates blew out of the water in over all performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.