Needed assistance to build speaker box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm keen to build a pair of fullrange speaker box for my newly purchase speaker - 2 VINTAGE 12" MAGNAVOX FULLRANGE ALNICO SPEAKERS AMPEG from ebay.

I am excited about this speaker box but unfortunate do not know to go about doing it.

I am using my dynaco ST70 / P3 for power.

Hope some epxert out there can help.

Thank you.

Attachments

• f507_12.jpg
    f507_12.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 216
Hello there. It seems that none of the guys here have experience with that driver. I had the same problem and did not get a response. If you can, take the drivers to a shop that can measure the driver parameters and then perhaps someone here can help you (not me unfortunately).

Cheers,

Doug

If you can't measure the parameters you might proceed under the assumption that they were meant for open back "enclosures" and build a baffle about two feet wide and two and a half feet tall with wings and a top plate about half of a foot deep and see how they sound. You might get a pleasant surprise.

If bass is very weak then the speakers Q may be lower suggesting a closed box (without params ported is almost impossible). If bass is boomy then try raising the woofer higher off of the floor, removing the wings, or making the baffle more narrow.

The beauty of OB is that experimentation is easy (and cheap if you start with a large baffle and cut it down as needed).

mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.