Spare NXT speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It would make sense that they used a smaller "driver" in those little speakers than were used in the SI's. However, what's the harm in trying? Cardboard isn't a dificult thing to experiment with. Foam core, though less durable, might be the ideal thing due to it's stiffness and low weight. The SI speakers sound best (not that I've played with them much) when somebody holds them off the ground. I think an especially clever construction would utilize foam core and a stand of some sort.

have fun,

pj

pjanda1 said:
It would make sense that they used a smaller "driver" in those little speakers than were used in the SI's. However, what's the harm in trying? Cardboard isn't a dificult thing to experiment with. Foam core, though less durable, might be the ideal thing due to it's stiffness and low weight. The SI speakers sound best (not that I've played with them much) when somebody holds them off the ground. I think an especially clever construction would utilize foam core and a stand of some sort.

have fun,

pj

Thanks for the reply sir, I do have access to lots of packaging materials like plastic corugated board etc, as well as a multitude of foams so I think it's time to experiment.
The little drivers are about an inch in diameter at the centre where they are glued and they are currently wired like this.... No idea what that centre set of caps are for though :confused:
The other strange thing is that this pair and the other pair are fixed to the same baffle.... not very stereo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.