GM JX92S MLTL-48 Triangle (JIT for UK Meet)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SimontY said:

I'm also new to fullrange, as in I'd never heard any drivers running full range till the weekend - and then I heard no fewer than three!! One set were open-baffle and had 3 full range drivers (2 x 12" Goodmans Axiom and a smaller (Fostex iirc) driver). These had a very clear and pretty dynamic and extended sound with a lot of detail. They did shout a little bit though. I can't even remember what they were playing though!

Simon

1 x axiom, 1 x 301, 1 lowther ex4

I hope your ears are better than your eyes Simon!! lol jus kiddin

RAndyB said:

Colin is the man with 48" MLTLs. Sadly, he could not be at the meet.

Andy

Sorry to miss the demo. As I've mentioned before, the MLTLs work really well with classical and acoustic but not ideal for heavy rock (the Jordan drivers were never designed for that anyway). I have tried mine with a Massive Attack track (from the Pi movie soundtrack) and it was captivating how the complex bass lines started to emerge and became easier to follow.

GM said:
Greets!

FWIW, on one of the Jordan threads I noted that for corner loading the triangular variant, cutting the lower rear tip off leaving the same vent area (seal up the front vent) yields a bit more gain that can be fine tuned by adjusting the speaker/corner gap.

GM

Hi Greg

Sorry to be dense but I can't picture this. Do you mean leaving the same cross-section area and sealing the front vent?

Hello Colin, Akita

For finishing the MDF I used International Paints MDF primer followed by a standard undercoat then Dulux Satinwood "Tuscan Treasure 3" a close match to a Toblerone box.

All applied with a 4" foam roller - no actually I couldn't be bothered to clean the foam one after the undercoat so as the disposable roller set comes with a foam for gloss and a 'fluffy' for emulsion I gave the fluffy a haircut and used that for the top coat!

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.