Looking for a BIB builder in either NC or VA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all...

I'm getting tired of having my 168 Sigmas collecting dust, but when it comes to table saws I have two left thumbs...and I probably would be short one if I tried to build a pair! :smash:

So I'm looking for someone in the VA/NC area that has experience either with BIB's or a similar cabinet project, and would be willing to build ones for me. Of course I'd compensate you for your time, whether in beer, food, cash :cool: I've done work for all three in the past, so let me know what's good for you...

I'm in Hillsborough, NC or Blacksburg, VA...so as long as you're within about three hours from either place, that works.

Thanks for reading this.

~ Jim

Glowbug said:
Hey all...

I'm getting tired of having my 168 Sigmas collecting dust, but when it comes to table saws I have two left thumbs...and I probably would be short one if I tried to build a pair! :smash:

So I'm looking for someone in the VA/NC area that has experience either with BIB's or a similar cabinet project, and would be willing to build ones for me. Of course I'd compensate you for your time, whether in beer, food, cash :cool: I've done work for all three in the past, so let me know what's good for you...

I'm in Hillsborough, NC or Blacksburg, VA...so as long as you're within about three hours from either place, that works.

Thanks for reading this.

~ Jim

Respect for table saws is good. :) Even moreso after seeing Micjael Moore's SiCKO.

I'm sure you will get a contact in your area but a 3 hour jaunt should not be necessary. Your local cabinet shop-- the kind that makes stuff for kitchens-- can rip up a few pieces of whatever to make a BIB.

Then you get some glue and shazaam-- BIB City.

Considering that I made mine with untrimmed glued up shelving from the local big box lumber place and had a friend rip down some similar stuff made of particle board, all that was necessary was to trim the interior divider to length and make a bottom.

Sigs are bit bigger than my FE127 but a hole can be made with a jig saw and circle jig. These smaller devices are easier to handle than first time on a table saw. I don't even have a jig saw. I got one of those Zip saws that look like a RotoZip(c)l.

The _real_ trick is being able to schmooze the local billiard table seller into giving you some nice felt for the 'diaphragm' ( see thread details from GM.)

you have a truck???

i have some that i have my 166e's in ,, i need to put them into something smaller...

you can have them for free , if you pick them up here,,

i am in columbia , sc, or we can work something out in between here and where you live....i am felxible

pm ma,,or email me at denied6969 at yahoo dot com

they are made of mdf , and haven't been painted or veneered yet ,,

lemme know ,, cause the drivers are gonna get put into a smaller br box,,, and i would like to give the bib's to someone who needs them ,, if not ,they will go to the dump

mine are pictured here , http://www.zillaspeak.com/bib-pics.asp , 7th pic down ,with the flat screen ,,

later,,

chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.