Pictures of FE206ES-R BLH - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2007, 02:35 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Pictures of FE206ES-R BLH

One down, one to go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blhfe206sr1.jpg (31.8 KB, 1482 views)
Old 22nd June 2007, 02:42 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

A close up of the grill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fe206esr2.jpg (57.7 KB, 1150 views)
Old 22nd June 2007, 02:45 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

A little better shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grill.jpg (41.0 KB, 1138 views)
Old 22nd June 2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Your speaker is an eye candy. Congratulations!
But why did you use chunky wooden beams left and right of the cone to hold the bars? They look great, but they are a major source of secondary sound sources (aka diffraction). Better countersink the Fostex and eliminate the wood. There must be some simpler and innocuous way to retain the bars if they are essential to you, and you will get a big improvement in clarity and focus.
Old 22nd June 2007, 03:22 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Salas- most excellent point. The grills are removable for listening and are only there to keep my speaker eating dog from making this speaker his fourth victim!
Old 22nd June 2007, 04:53 PM   #6
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by graykeene
Salas- most excellent point. The grills are removable for listening and are only there to keep my speaker eating dog from making this speaker his fourth victim!

I don't think you mentioned the tweeter previously, but in any event - what XO configuration are you using? IIRC, Frank is still fiddling with his.

Very nice work, anyone who hasn't sacrificed a driver to kids or pets might have trouble accepting the need for any type of protective covering. Now you only need to worry about territorial "marking"

A buddy of mine lives in a casual rural environment that includes a house full of felines. Virtually all new speaker boxes get tagged sooner or later - very hard to remove from raw plywood. He maintains he can identify the culprit by height and spray pattern - I don't think I want to know how he's collected this insight.
Old 22nd June 2007, 05:24 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisb

I don't think you mentioned the tweeter previously, but in any event - what XO configuration are you using? IIRC, Frank is still fiddling with his.

The 206 is run full range and I have an external 6dB crossover on the horn super tweeter using a Fostex Tin & Copper foil capacitor.

I thought I would include another picture of the building process. The bud is used for scale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3144.jpg (64.3 KB, 1157 views)
Old 22nd June 2007, 05:30 PM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisb A buddy of mine lives in a casual rural environment that includes a house full of felines. Virtually all new speaker boxes get tagged sooner or later - very hard to remove from raw plywood. He maintains he can identify the culprit by height and spray pattern - I don't think I want to know how he's collected this insight.
I resemble that remark... anyone need a cat. Pickup or local delivery only.

dave
Old 22nd June 2007, 06:29 PM   #9
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by graykeene

The 206 is run full range and I have an external 6dB crossover on the horn super tweeter using a Fostex Tin & Copper foil capacitor.

I thought I would include another picture of the building process. The bud is used for scale.

nope, small these aren't

I was wondering about the cap value - corner of filter slope and attenuation point, etc.
Old 23rd June 2007, 03:35 AM   #10
OzMikeH is offline OzMikeH  Australia
diyAudio Member

could be worse. my cat likes getting inside the back of my singulars. got a picture somewhere...

Hide this!Advertise here!