My 4x8" fullrange open baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My 4x8" fullrange open baffle

Hi,

I like to show you my (little different from other) open baffle project.

I make some "crazzy" tests with edge simulation software. Than I built this baffle and I can tell you: "It sounds great!"

I can enjoy rockmusik, classic and jazz without missig anything! Never hear jazz before! I hate that! With this speaker it´s ok!
Only for deep-low frequenz, like Soundtrack: Titanic it´s not usefull! Maybe, I added a Dipol-Sub for that; time will see...

Be welcome on my page:
http://freenet-homepage.de/stratihatti2/page111e1d3fe4a.html

If you have questions, feel free to ask! :)

greatings from germany, Hatti

Attachments

• roket rechts.jpg
    roket rechts.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,722
Hi sreten,
first it seems to be not so good, that the speakers are near to the corner of the baffles.
So, if you put the speaker in the middle of the baffle, you get a little bit deeper frequency, but you also get a 2dB peak at 450 Heart and a 2dB hole at 1000 Heart. (see on picture)
Than you have to built a network for compensation! I don’t want something like this. The form of baffle with the position of the speakers is the acoustic-eq!
I do not need any network for correction.

To make a 0,5 system: Than I don’t get what I want! I know what you mean. It cut some mid and high and it seems to be a bigger deep frequency. But not lower frequency. The speaker and the baffle can’t play under 50 Heart. It’s a mechanic problem. And it’s really only necessary, if you hear music from cine with deep low freq.
Sound’s very good, in this constellation; I take a lot of different chassis to check, witch combination works well together.
I make a lot of test with baffles and other kind of speakers: closed, with and without bassreflexion; rear loaded horns; back ventilated; and resonance box. and now I think: “this will be the one I like, for a longer time!”

The best´s so long the best, since you find some better thinks! :D

@ peterbrorsen: moby? you mean moby, the big fish? :)

Have a good day, Hatti

Attachments

• red line speaker in the middle of the baffle.jpg
    red line speaker in the middle of the baffle.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,257
Hi hm!

Sorry ´bout this, but I haven´t! :xeye:

I tune my system with a Test CD ! Use single frequences, pink noise, sweep and drumm-solo.

Microfone´s my ear and processor´s my head! :D

For me it´s not nessassary to messure it! If you want? About 160 km to me!

I´m still looking for a Test-Vinyl; to tune my phono pre...

"less is more" I agree with you!!! nice Hornspeakers on your page!

Greetings, Hatti

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.