FT17H and Phase Plugged Fe207E crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The combination of Fostex FT17h and Fe207E (or even the 206) appears to be rather popular.
I have singular cabinets but I'm considering trying some Bruce cabinets before I bother painting these.

Before I put the phase plugs in I was looking at a 10kHz crossover freq, 12dB/oct LR type. I'm keen to try something more complex than a series capacitor on the tweeter.
The top end has opened out a lot since I took a knife to them and put the phase plugs in. I might be able to get away with a higher crossover frequency now.

I have 8 nice 1uF capacitors about, so something utilising 1uf, 2uf or 0.5uf will save me some money.

the FE207E is typically 16 ohms at 10kHz. My amp is very tolerant of weird loads with a high (low?) damping factor.... Umm, It can deliver lots of current. :)

If you have this combination of drivers what are you using?
Does anyone have a response plot of the FE207E with Phase plug?
Any suggestions for the crossover type / design / frequency?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
With those combos, try 0.5, 1.0 & 1.5 uF... be helpful to have a handful of 0.1 uF for fine tuning

I was thinking of trying something headed in the other direction... something like this is where i'll start

dave

Attachments

• fe207-ft17-xo-top.gif
    fe207-ft17-xo-top.gif
    3 KB · Views: 426
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.