fr125s et closed box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I want to built a 5.0 system with the fr125s. The box must be small and closed. Is someone has try something like this. I have found many vented box with the fr125s but not with closed box.

Winisd give me 2,5 liter and bassbox give me 9,5 liter.
What is the optimum volume for these kind of box.

Thank's
and sorry for my english

slot port would be good

I'm about to make a pair of these for my girlfriend... she's pretty excited, as she normally just listens on headphones while she's studying...

A slotted port would be nice, and usually reinforces the box (unimportant on a box this small though).

-tal

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The 4.5 liter box needs to be aperiodic. I haven't revised it yet for an easier to execute box. The holes should actually work best, but as Chris says a bit of fiddly work especially if you are going to veneer them. The wedge shape is important in a box this small.

No one has yet tried the other aperiodic box in the box-plans -- the semi-pyramid with a dynaco-style aperiodic port.

The FR125 works in sealed boxes of ~7-12 liters. I'd push towards the bigger end. Below that, as the 4.5 liter shows the box should be aperiodic. Vent & damping is open to experimentation.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.