Suprabaffle for widerange + tweeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'd like to get opinions from you guys... Is it okay to adjust the widerange driver position on the truncated pyramid suprabaffle if it is used with a 'helper' tweeter? The widerange driver is ~5" similar to the FE127E but has a limited hf response. So I plan to add helper dome tweeter ~1" on the same suprabaffle.. I mean the the main driver would not be equidistant anymore to the suprabaffle edges/corners... Example attached below: Driver on top while tweeter is just below it...

Thanks.

Attachments

• suprabaffle.jpg
    suprabaffle.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 330
for iBIBk

BTW guys, the truncated pyramid suprabaffle would be for the iBIBk design...

I would still follow the driver height of the design (FE127E), but the truncated pyramid suprabaffle would be adjusted to accomodate the tweeter.. Would there be any sonic/baffle step penalties if the main driver is not exactly positioned in the center of the suprabaffle?:confused: The main driver is whizerrless and has practically the same T/S parameters as the FE127E. Thanks!

Aesthetically I like the look of the truncated pyramid better than the oval suprabaffle. I also plan to move the k-slot halves on the sides.

*moderator could move the posts above to the iBib-k thread if deemed more appropriate*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.