Hemp FR8C in Wide and Thin (Mileva?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
Just build the Aperto (21 liters, tuned at 56hz) for the FR8c, and it´s sounding very good, with real bass, but a little bright on some records (around 20 hours of burn in).

So, I have a second pair of fr8c, and planning to build a beatiful,
tall(120cm)
wide(40cm)
thin(20cm)

enclosure for them, maybe simple BR, or a mltl or even better a Mileva or mini mileva?
I entered those dimensions on bassbox and get -3db at 50, tuned at 42

Any sugestions?

Really like the Mileva concept

Thank´s

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
fcj said:
the FR8c.... or even better a Mileva or mini mileva?....
Really like the Mileva concept

Demetri is the FE167/FE207/FR8 version of the Mileva.... if you would like the 1st draft plans mail me (we are adding a bit of depth and reducing the width to get a more aesthetically pleasing shap.... we will be building one set each for FE167 & FE207.

dave

PS: Scott was being coy... he modeled the verification for the design.

Don't judge too much until they've had more burn in. I'd pull 'em out of the cabs and put the drivers face to face and out of phase, then play low frequency sine wave sweeps through them at around their xmax for a day or two. Are you running any baffle step compensation? You'll probably also want some bsc in any BR. It'll change to tonal balance considerably.

pj

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Hemp FR8C in Wide and Thin (Mileva?)

planet10 said:
Demetri is the FE167/FE207/FR8 version of the Mileva....

1st "official" release of Demetri plans....

http://www.planet10-hifi.com/boxes-fostex.html#demetri

demetri3D600.gif

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.