Help! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd April 2007, 05:34 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help!

I was at a conference in Orlando 2 weeks ago with my X-Ray class and no-one brought a stereo, yet because our rooms had Internet i took my iMac. Well we were hanging out at my room and since my roomate brought a laptop, my iMac was chosen to play the tunes. All was going fine until someone popped in a Hip-Hop cd and my Left speaker blew!

Anyone know where i can get a replacement speaker for a later model G3 iMac? This is the kind with the Harmon Kardons and not the Game Boy speakers used in first Gen G3 iMacs. I went to a IT Suppliers website and they cost $100 for a pair! Is there anywhere i can get these weird little 2 inchers as a more reasonable price?

I was able to patch the busted one because it was the surround that went not the coil. I didn't expect to restore the halfway descent sound my iMac makes but to at least stop the Rattling until i can replace the bad speaker. The repaired speaker does fine in the mids and highs, but because it is stiffer and doesn't move as much, its bass is practically gone. Because these are 2 inchers, its quite a miracle to get any bass out of them, so losing the bass in one really hurts the overall sound in the iMac, as now only one speaker is outputing any bass.
Old 23rd April 2007, 09:50 AM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I have a whole bunch... how many would you like... i'd be happy to get $5 (+ post) -- even $5 for a pr (the charge is really just for my time to pack them up)

dave
Old 23rd April 2007, 02:51 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Sounds like my best option. Are they in the spheres or out of the spheres?
Old 23rd April 2007, 07:54 PM   #4
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scioneer
Sounds like my best option. Are they in the spheres or out of the spheres?
They are in the spheres... i have the snow ones and a set of Blueberry

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!