Fe103e Mltl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi...

My Zigmahornet did play music for a couple of weeks now and I still like them.
BUT...somebody wrote, that the Ziggy is a MLTL that was constructed in a time, when nobody really knew enough about this kind of enclosure to do it perfect.
OK....the FE103E works good in a Ziggy, so an MLTL seams to be a good thing for this driver. Is there any better MLTL-design than the Zigmahornet out there?
Dont't get me wrong....I really like them, I just want to play a little bit ;)

lg
Martin

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is the text description of a 103 ML-TL for FE103 that Scott just whiped up... income tax time, so i have to hold myself back from doing a drawing....

Not that different in some ways to the Zig., but a fair bit shorter. 38in x 4.25in x 3in (internal HxWxD). Vent = 1.5in diameter & length, as close to the base as possible. Zdriver 8in. Stuff 0.35lbsft from the top 10in down, or line the rear wall, top and one side wall to just below driver height, and line the base too.

The red is the Zigma, the green the new ML-TL.

dave

Attachments

• zigma-vrs-vmltl.gif
    zigma-vrs-vmltl.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 880
103 Tl design?

HI Martin,
Did you complete the Zig V2? How did they sound? I'm pulling apart my Fonkens that use FE 103e cones and want another project for them. (Although the sound better than a pair of SD1's from the P.E. website, i found them lacking in comparison to the sweet sound of 127e metronomes and the ok sound of a pair of TL's using HiVI b3n's from: F. Campedelli - Home Page

Any feed back on a better TL box for the 103's would be appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.