Moderation of new members

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all Admins here.

I understand why moderation to new members can be usefull to avoid abuse. Having said that you should encourage new members to use this forum and not annoy them with the moderation status. I've posted already 8 posts and i'm still in moderation, which is starting to be really annoying. When someone joins its usually because he/she wants to post a question, if to reply to someone who replies the user has to wait hours before the message is published it can take days before having a problem sorted.

If you like this moderation thing then you should actually READ the posts before you approve them, then you would actually know from the first post if someone is here to make trouble.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi otherside,
If you post many times in succession, a moderator may not have time to clear the queue, even though there are many posts in there. We also try to get an idea of someone's character before we turn them loose. So, some people wait longer than others depending on the substance of their post.

Keep in mind too, that we are members. We are here for the same reasons most of the other members are. We can't sit a mod in the queue to watch 100% of the time. We do check in often.

We do read the posts, by the way. We are trying to keep people from annoying other members if that's what they are about.

So, you were released into the wild. Please enjoy yourself and welcome to DiyAudio.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.