Attached pictures are too big, and must be loaded twice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

The new thumbnail feature is nice, for the attached pictures, but there is room for improvement ;)

the thumbnails are very large files, often 90kb. So they take time and bandwidth to load.
in fact they aren't even thumbnails, but are the original image shrinked by your browser (the thumbnail and the picture have the same filesize)
and even worse, the 2 image files that are in fact the same file have different urls. So when I read the thread the thumbnails are loaded, and when I click on the thumbnail, the image is loaded another time because it's another url

So you could improve the forum's bandwidth usage
2 solutions:

Leave the thumbnails as they are (big) but use the same url for the non reduced image.

Use true thumbnails, I mean a true reduced image (reduced resolution and not only display size), this also means much reduced filesize and thread page loading time.

I hope this helps
Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.