why does my pics show as attachments?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i want to view all the pics in the photo gallery as pictures in the thread not links to the pic.

how do I do this???

I checked my options in DIYaudio and it has the box checked saying I can do that.

Is it a browser issue or security/virus issue??

I am using IE6.0

Thanks!!!!

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Due to bandwidth restrictions on the new Web Server, we had to try and reduce traffic, and the best way of doing this was to remove the automatic serving of pictures. Hopefully in the near future we will have a clickable thumbnail option, but that requires a lot of programming backstage.

Oh, and I moved your post to Troublsehooting where it belongs. ;)

tbla said:
how do i post my pictures......?

Want to help out diyAudio.com even more? Host images yourself.

One place that should work well is http://photobucket.com/

I see other people use yahoo image galleries, but those don't seem to like links from the outside.

The way you make your images show up in the thread would be:

1) upload your photo to photobucket

2) Find the photo in photobucket, and copy the URL

3) in the thread you are posting on, click on the "IMG" button and paste the URL there.

4) Or learn HTML instead of the IMG button, then you can (i think) do things like make it clickable, resize it, that sort of thing.

AudioFreak said:

HTML is not permitted as it is too easily abused.

That's really too bad, as I've invested some time in learning it. I hope you'll excuse my noctournal excursion from my usual knownedge but-

is " < a href = " url > link < a / > allowed?

also (the above) with an image as the link allowed? I really hope so. I'm new to the forum, but from other forums and my own website I am used to throwing around tags such as links, bold, italics, and size.

Don't mean to cause problems, I just didn't see it spelled out anywhere what we can and can't include in a post.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.