site problems?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Earlier today for ~20 minutes it appeared that the PHP scripts that drove the forum contents were returning a bad MIME type or something...I saw three bad behaviors depending on when I attempted to reload

No CSS
Attempt by IE to "download and save" rather than display
Display of text-mode random characters, not HTML rendering

The problem seemed to just go away after 20 minutes.

hmm

when i hit the back button i get allot of this. but not all the time

‹¬VmoâFþL¤ü‡9GWµ`è]îb¨Œ�&* 'Cz—~[쯲öúv=õ¿wvLÞéª!ïËÌ3Ï>;;ëàÍ`Ín? ábv5†O7ýñe^Ã÷?¿‹|0¸‰÷ÍVf’Ši& Â}xíõŽ�‚Lçܾ)I{�fšÓ^ʶá*eFB®røn_rª dZ— úuÅÖ]/¦ IUæA" M ÝõÚçp�»*�IDm–Yù«êþP ¥YÚ}ß:;ýØ:1=×´4ž_MgÍi$ò’h6çôAˆ[ª¬“Ò[NAoKÚõ4½×~¢ìD2¸…oÇGµ/Ó(žŒÇý0nôÃé°MÆ“¸'áé/aÔ:lÆñäseÒ²šü}|4Ž‡ÑÌ"Ž&׳Æ(¼ºßvà*SR�z(áõ Ê×T³„ÔêÜPT²… a]¦—;Ðn—÷fhÏ£ Rë‡Ñï¿Å“›ëAÅ ™Ÿ%0~™…ñ0¬Cs¾dE¹Ò2;äŸòà÷½dÂgÅ]ÂΚa:ÑÔ4I¢ÙšZV{¼wøœ�9ÃN&ÖT>š_, Ÿ$D#ŠÞu*ô]ÿ…ýŒB�Á0šÄáìrrÝ�BÔÅÞ¹?'ðŠ÷ªH©D6{® µê Y ½&Eí5žÂ+Z=xBµ©3�.k=²�Ó£IÒTÒ’oÍnÀ“'º‰§æˆ\„׃�y±€o°ÀãÝX�œñmp'mÞ›÷ÙKyïû‹bÖ·J &°ú�î-ÒוИm0'ÉÝR Ô aÝ|| Ï¡?‰CsÔÝ&

u guys using a different version of php when the server moved?

For a few minutes, around 9:05 a.m. Pacific time, links led to pages with gibberish. OK now.

No mail reminding of posts to subscribed threads. I receive other mail so my mail is working.

Page loading slow and often incomplete. Eventually the page would fully load but sometimes I get a connection closed dialog box.

I'm using the Opera browser which is functioning properly on other sites.

I had to resort to Netscape in order to post this reply.

Main page loads.

Thread pages try to load then get
hung up. Sometimes will start to self
reload. If you "stop" loading sometimes
entire page shows up but scrolling will
make it disappear. The "post reply" page
has no horizontal scroll bar where it did
before.

Funky is right. I'd rather see operational.

Bill Fitzpatrick said:
Main page loads.Thread pages try to load then gethung up. Sometimes will start to selfreload. If you "stop" loading sometimesentire page shows up but scrolling willmake it disappear. The "post reply" pagehas no horizontal scroll bar where it didbefore.Funky is right. I'd rather see operational.

All those issues should now be fixed. I'm doing most of this on the fly due to the urgency of the matter so i'm not surprised that there are a few issues. Please keep me updated and I'll get things fixed ASAP if there are more problems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.