Service unavailable (http 503)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thank you for the problem report. Can you remember if it affected any pages in particular? The next time it happens please copy the URL you are viewing and post it here (or email it to contact@diyaudio.com). There could be a number of reasons why this is happening, with a wide range of possible causes, as a lot has been changing on the server over the last two weeks. However if it's still happening as of right now, that will help narrow things down a lot.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
If anyone else has been experiencing this, please let me know. I don't want to brush off anything due to PjVervoorn's country, but Thailand does have a very restricted internet structure with the whole country going through a limited number of government controlled pipes which can introduce failures. Potentially a 503 could be coming from a caching server or proxy particular to Thailand. I would need to say the same for any error reports coming in from China as well - we really need corroboration from some other countries.

Hi, I wondered about the issue being caused by possible filtering too.
It still happens but not too often anymore.

Meanwhile, I have received a new modem, that I have put behind the cable modem.
It is the same brand as my modem in NL.

Now I can setup a lan-lan vpn, so the traffic would 'surface' in Europe.
It's a nice test, but probably would have a bad effect on my netflix and spotify streams.
I guess https for diyaudio would also prevent meddling.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I had thought that it might have been from the time when we had a lot of mail problems and I had to restart the server a lot. You would have seen 503 with a note about the Redis database starting up.

As for a "default" 503, please try to screenshot it if you see it again. I don't ever see it on diyAudio myself, and unless others do, I'd say it's the great firewall of Thailand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.