Unexpected link

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had a pop-up link appear without warning.
I clicked back and then clicked to another section of the forum before trying again. this allowed me to continue browsing.

I had a look in site announcements and here. I have found nothing.
Does anyone know what it is all about?
I only have email set to send notifications for PMs and moderator messages. I keep all the other less important stuff set to off.

From my browser history...
:cop: Link removed by moderation

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
At the moment we are "soft launching" a consent re-confirmation page that gathers your consent in a fully GDPR compliant way, to receive our email updates. Once you have re-confirmed your consent yes/no, you won't ever see the popup again. Right now it's triggered randomly with a 1/20 chance on the load of a new thread or forum thread list, so I can be sure it doesn't have any show stopping bugs. Everything seems to be working fine and we haven't had any complaints reported, but I'm making some tweaks so it works faster. Once that's done I'll make it live.

The forum registration page has been updated now to be GDPR compliant and now you have to check a tick box very purposefully to get added to our mailing list. This popup you saw does the same thing, but for members who are already registered and didn't get a GDPR compliant registration process.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.