Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Problem in search with underscore. IE "bruce_t_white"
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2018, 12:17 AM   #1
Dave Zan is offline Dave Zan  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Problem in search with underscore. IE "bruce_t_white"

Received an email that "bruce_t_white" had send a PM, but a search of users finds no such user.
A search for posts by "bruce_t" with exact-name box unchecked shows "bruce_t_white" as a possible user. I can then click on the name to be taken to the user entry.
Is the underscore used as special character in searches or have I just missed some obvious point?
In the meantime if Bruce would like to contact me please use my email, address in my own user entry.

Best wishes
David
Old 5th March 2018, 12:42 AM   #2
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Underscores are not supported correctly by recent versions of the forum software. There were some members with underscores in their userid at one time.

I'm not sure he can see your email address. You could try sending this member a PM indicating that the forum sent you an alert that he was attempting to contact you.

Hopefully an admin will see this, and will be able to provide further insight/assistance.
Old 5th March 2018, 03:59 PM   #3
PRR is online now PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Zan View Post
Received an email that "bruce_t_white" had send a PM, but a search of users finds no such user....
Disregarding the Search issue--

In your Private Message box (not the email notification) you can click the member-name and get their Profile. PM box can be found through "Notifications" top-right or User CP, "Private Messages". Or http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/private.php

Also that link has a simple URL, www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/jazbo8.html therefore http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/membe...e_t_white.html seems to be your contact. (Member for 12+ years, zero posts.)
Attached Images
File Type: gif PM-author-lookup.gif (17.3 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by PRR; 5th March 2018 at 04:02 PM.

Problem in search with underscore. IE "bruce_t_white"Hide this!Advertise here!