No paypal donation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there any way I can make a $20 payment to DIYAudio without using the paypal portal?
I am unable to make a payment, using either paypal or the "pay with credit card" option. I thought it might be a problem because I was using a gift card from a rebate, so used that gift card to buy a different brand gift card I often use.
I can't associate my real credit card with paypal - I don't agree to their terms.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Some time ago I wanted to send a donation via Western Union, which was unsuccessful.

We totally understand that for some people, and especially some countries, donating is really difficult. We're happy to help in those circumstances to say thank you for the intent and good will.

Last we heard from you was June 7th 2017, when in response we suggested that WU charges a lot of fees and proposed asking a friend to donate on your behalf. We also let you know that we would be happy to communicate further if you needed any more help about working it out. We'd love to strike that conversation back up, if you like.

We can accept WU, but you'd need to cover all the sending and receiving fees, which are not cheap.

We can accept US domestic bank transfers, wire/TT/SWIFT, Western Union, PayPal, Credit Cards, as well as cash in the mail if you're game to risk it (not advisable). Of course the sender needs to pay all sending and recieving fees in order for us to get any cash at the end of the transaction. Often there is also an administration fee to cover admin costs involved in tracking down a transaction or in the cash of WU, driving to a location to pick up the donation. But for sure, easiest thing might be to ask a friend to help with PayPal or a Credit Card.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.