Wierd behaviour in advanced reply text box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I can duplicate this. Your text in the reply box makes extra space in preview.

I suspect the filespec "word" is too long; the editor is forcing a space so that it will wrap acceptably in the post.

This is surely a long-standing "bug"; if it hasn't hurt us yet, then let's leave it as the forum moves on to a newer software platform.

Win7, FireFox 57.0.4 (about to update)

Attachments

• triod-e.gif
    triod-e.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 77
  • triod-e_2.gif
    triod-e_2.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 80
With double quotes:
"C:Users\User\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sub\triode-w1_dd.txt"

Without double quotes:
C:Users\User\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sub\triode-w1_dd.txt

With single quotes:
'C:Users\User\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sub\triode-w1_dd.txt'

It's the double quotes "".

Attachments

• wierd.png
    wierd.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 75

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Related weirdness:

I wanted to point to a slant line on a graph. Not the one that goes "/" but the other one, goes the other way. The {quoted} back-slash character kept vanishing! I had to resort to "line that slants top-left to bottom-right", oh what a finger-chore! :irked:

Yes, I know enough of C and derivative text manglers to picture what is going on inside the parser's tiny brain, and am not shocked.

Except cogsncogs was able to post those DOS file-paths, several ways, with backslashes but added spaces. Huh. Naked \ works. Backslash with words inside quotes "foo\bar" works. Backslash bounded by quotes "" does not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.