Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Popups, redirects or "open in app" interfering with diyAudio pages
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2017, 11:59 PM   #1
DiyGazza is offline DiyGazza  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Popups, redirects or "open in app" interfering with diyAudio pages

Has anyone else had problems with getting redirected while on this forum.

I've been redirected back to google several times now over the last few days, and just a few minutes ago, it tried to redirect me to Fake Alert, but ESET AV caught is and blocked it, I have Super Anti Spyware, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, and ESET Premium AV Installed, none of them have detected anything on my PC, so wondering if the forum has been compromised?

It has only happened while on this forum.
Old 12th November 2017, 12:35 AM   #2
vinylkid58 is offline vinylkid58  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiyGazza View Post
Has anyone else had problems with getting redirected while on this forum.
Nope.
Old 12th November 2017, 12:46 AM   #3
reloader650 is offline reloader650  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Iím having the same problem with getting redirected, but Iím using an iPhone and getting redirected to an App Store. I think it is the match.com ad in the banner thatís causing the problem. Every time it comes up I get redirected. Anyway to fix this?

Regards,
Matt
Old 12th November 2017, 07:17 AM   #4
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Try clearing your browser cache and disk/OS of any temporary files.
Old 12th November 2017, 09:17 AM   #5
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Thank you very much for the bug report. We're presently trialling a new advertising technology partner (they work for us, not the advertisers) and this is very important feedback.

If anyone experiences a problem with any of the ads we're serving, please follow these (very important) steps to properly report the problem ad so action can be taken to permanently ban that advertiser. Please note, this method (using "inspect") shows what the source code looks like after the ads have loaded (important), and is very different from using [view]->[source] (which shows the page before it's loaded, and provides no information).
  1. Take a screenshot of the ad (or redirect / app in this case)
  2. Hover your mouse over the ad. Right-click on the ad and select "inspect". Take a screenshot of the code snippet that appears highlighted.
  3. Using ctrl+F (PC) or command+F (Mac) and search for "[sovrn] Banner". If you find a match, take a screenshot of any code snippets that appear (if any).
  4. Send screenshots to badads@diyaudio.com. This will go straight to myself and I will take immediate action to permanently block that advertiser / network and find out how they got through.

Please rest assured that I take any reports of "bad ads" very seriously. Thank you again for the report.
Old 12th November 2017, 02:33 PM   #6
reloader650 is offline reloader650  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Jason and Mooly,

Good to know. Thanks for all your help. I will try and duplicate the problem, even if it takes all day .

Regards,
Matt

Last edited by reloader650; 12th November 2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12th November 2017, 08:09 PM   #7
kinku is offline kinku  United States
diyAudio Member

I am getting redirected on clicking the links on any topic to random app pages on Apple Store. It asking for "open in app"? But even if you cancel it is forcing to go a random app page.
It says too may redirects after few sexonds
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (48.2 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by kinku; 12th November 2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12th November 2017, 08:47 PM   #8
DiyGazza is offline DiyGazza  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

If or when it happens again I'll follow the steps give by Jason, Glad I'm not the only one it's happening with.

Thank you for your support.
Old 12th November 2017, 10:13 PM   #9
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinku View Post
I am getting redirected on clicking the links on any topic to random app pages on Apple Store. It asking for "open in app"? But even if you cancel it is forcing to go a random app page.
It says too may redirects after few sexonds
  1. If you think the action of clicking a link is opening the popup, please follow the steps above to try and capture the ad code that was on the original page.
  2. If you think the new page that is loaded is causing the behavior, please try to capture the ad code from the new page
  3. If you are able to copy the URL from the status bar in your screenshot, that would be great (I know sometimes these things take focus away from the URL bar and make it impossible to copy that information)
  4. Please advise your config (OS, Browser)
Please be assured both myself and our technology partners are taking this very seriously. I know it takes time to write these reports and I thank you for the taking the effort to do so. I am unable to reproduce it locally either on mobile or desktop so this is making it hard to track down. Thank you for the reports and please let me know of any more trouble or data.
Old 18th November 2017, 06:31 PM   #10
1audiohack is offline 1audiohack  United States
diyAudio Member

I keep getting an interupting screen that says ďOpen in App?Ē

Everytime I come back to DIY or jump from say Multi way to Subwoofers I have to back arrow three times from this ďopen in appĒ screen before I can view or go to the sub forum or page I want to.

I donít click on the adds. It happens when a forum page tries to open.

Also the Open in App screen is frozen, clicking either answer in the box does nothing. Since itís frozen I donít know how to derive any information from it.

Any ideas yet?

Thank you much.
Barry.

Popups, redirects or "open in app" interfering with diyAudio pagesHide this!Advertise here!