Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

no notification
no notification
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2017, 02:37 AM   #1
turk 182 is online now turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default no notification

I'm not receiving e-mail notifications is there something i should check on my end?
Old 22nd August 2017, 02:49 AM   #2
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

no notification
A number of us are in the same boat. Jason has been notified.

dave
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:33 PM   #3
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

no notification
Me as well, just sit tight while Jason deals with the issue, nothing wrong at your end.
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:12 PM   #4
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

So it's not just me.........

BTW, for the past week or so I get the forums timing out? and/or told 'out of memory', making the mouse, keystrokes slow, 'herky-jerky' in action, so have to close the tab[s] and reboot them. Also noticed that the little ball symbol on the tab flickers at a high rate in the process, so is this due to the cycling of streaming ads?

These kind of problems is why ages ago I was going to leave the forums since I only had a 56 k dial-up and now with a Comcast 10 MB entry level cable connection, wondering if I'm being 'left in the dirt' again.

GM
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:21 PM   #5
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

no notification
My connection [DSL] is half as fast as yours, and I too observe an occasional hang. Interestingly I see the same thing at work with a very fast connection, so there may be something more to it. (Perhaps something to do with the way browsers handle multiple threads. Firefox after recent updates is almost unusable at times.)
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:43 PM   #6
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

no notification
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk 182 View Post
I'm not receiving e-mail notifications is there something i should check on my end?
Our email provider (SparkPost) has this week jacked up their prices, and it appears that due to the fact we've never gone over their sending limit previously, credit card information was deleted and there is no way now to pay for the overage. So we're now in a bizzare limbo situation. I am working on an appropriate resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
So it's not just me.........

BTW, for the past week or so I get the forums timing out? and/or told 'out of memory', making the mouse, keystrokes slow, 'herky-jerky' in action, so have to close the tab[s] and reboot them. Also noticed that the little ball symbol on the tab flickers at a high rate in the process, so is this due to the cycling of streaming ads?

These kind of problems is why ages ago I was going to leave the forums since I only had a 56 k dial-up and now with a Comcast 10 MB entry level cable connection, wondering if I'm being 'left in the dirt' again.

GM
I don't think you should be seeing any kind of "streaming" video ads, as we have now set pretty tight restrictions on the ads and they should be "good quality". Forum usage should definitely should be "snappy". If you see a problem ad, please follow the reporting process detailed here: How to report bad ads.
Old 23rd August 2017, 12:11 AM   #7
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

OK, thanks! By 'streaming', I meant one ad after another in the same pane as opposed to a video, if that makes a difference.

GM
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:27 AM   #8
diyAudio Administrator

no notification
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
OK, thanks! By 'streaming', I meant one ad after another in the same pane as opposed to a video, if that makes a difference.

GM
I'm not aware that Adsense allow multiple reloads of an ad frame, but I do know that technology exists (SOVRN mentioned it when we were trialling them and I expressly requested we did not want it). If you do experience this, please report it as I would like to follow it up: How to report bad ads
Old 24th August 2017, 02:08 AM   #9
diyAudio Administrator

no notification
Emails are now working again, system-wide. All new member signups since the problem started on August 21st have now been resent instructions as to how to verify their email addresses. At this stage it looks like email notifications of new posts made during this time are likely lost - I apologize for the inconvenience.

Our mail host SparkHost changed their plan structure, and due to the fact we had only been using them for the last 3 weeks, and they decided to "cap" outgoing mail on existing plans to the average sent over the last 3 months, we were immediately at 100% of our maximum allowed email sending and had all outgoing mail rejected.

We have now moved for the meantime to a new mail host (MailGun), negotiations with SparkHost continue...
Old 24th August 2017, 11:29 AM   #10
turk 182 is online now turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

i hope things go in your favor!

no notificationHide this!Advertise here!