no notification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
SparkPost has moved us to a new IP pool as they determined our last shared pool must have been tainted by another sender. A lot of messages from the last 72 hours were just delayed, and will be retried, so we should see them filter through over the next 24 hours. If you aren't receiving new post notifications after 24 hours please let me know.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Just following up on this.

Turk182, GM, deanoUK
All your most recent mails appear to be getting through. I don't see any bounces in the last 10 days (the limit of my search capacity).

KevinHeem
I believe you have started seeing mails come through in the last 12 hours or so. It looks like the block of ATT / SBC Global has been lifted.

If anyone else experiences problems let me know. I now have a contingency plan if a situation like this happens arises again in the future.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Jason,

I am getting Emails from individual threads.
I am subscribed to a number of forums.
I only receive Emails from Vendor's Bazaar forum.

Do the forum Emails get generated ?

Thanks for you help.

Hi Deano,

I see a successful delivery today to you for "New PassDIY Headphone Amp (Coming Soon)".

Please check your spam and filtered folders, and "All Mail" or equivalent.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Perhaps I am using the wrong terminology.
Individual thread subscriptions.All subscriptions OK.
Forum subscriptions daily updates.Only Vendor's Bazaar working.

Ok, I have done some research into this and it will be quite time consuming to debug this.

Before I do, is anyone else experiencing this problem? My own forum notifications are confirmed to be working and I can confirm other people are getting these notifications for other forums.

I too am having problems with email notifications. I get notifications on exactly two of my older thread subscriptions, but not others with activity. I get no email notifications on any thread I've subscribed to since the forum update. They are not ending up in my spam filter, either. I checked that.

I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to a few threads with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi guys,

Seems we totally went over the limit for our maximum mail sending allocation this month. Must have been a very busy month for email notifications. I can see that just after Christmas we starting sending a lot more - this is very typical for US wintertime.

Unfortunately, our mail host caps us at a certain amount of overage, and this doesn't "tick over" for another 36 from now until we start a new billing period. For now, I've switched mail to being sent through another provider. That should kick in in a few minutes. For what it's worth, we're already spreading our email across 2 providers to avoid hitting capacity limits (and switching to a higher plan is very expensive). This is why some of you may have received "some" mail (we're using two providers).

I am going to have to totally rejig this once we move to XF. And before then, I think I need to do some hardcore pruning of thread notification alerts as we're sending a lot of email notifications and I know a lot are needlessly sent. I have been collecting data on that for the past month, I'll review that and see where we can cut some fat (without affecting anyone's notifications who actually is reading them / clicking on them).

Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.