No Credit for Forum Donation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you again for your donations and support!
Some time ago I wanted to donate, but do it from Argentina is very difficult. kevinkr gave a hand once, but I don't want to disturb him. I wanted to send him money via western union, but the sucursal here wants a "document number" or some kind of personal ID I don't know, and also he. I dialogue by telephone 3 times with 3 different people at the WU call center, and the 3 give me 3 different explanation, but none cleared me what do THEY want. Also I chatted with a 4th person, with the same result. So, is there any direct way to donate without a credit card???

That's not very nice. I hear you on that.

You should get a credit card. It makes things so much easier - like ordering parts on-line for example.

Ordering parts? Are you joking me? I lost 2 books, and 8 compactrons I brought to Amazon and other sources, and in the middle of the way, suddenly sublimed, I never saw them. It is reserved for other places far from SA.
If you can't, we don't need to know why.
-Chris

It is difficult to explain, but I will try. In some far countries, there exist some called "trabajo en negro" (to work in darkness, white, say, unregistered work, no legalized). Under such circumstances, no chance to have a "blanked" money to get a credit card. I don't know if I'm being clear.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> called "trabajo en negro"

"El trabajo irregular , o más coloquialmente trabajo en negro , .., es el empleo no registrado.... Libera tanto al empleador como al empleado de cargas..."
"The irregular work , or more colloquially work in black.., is the unregistered ..employment... It frees both the employer and the employee of tax..."
Wikipedia through Google Translate

"Moonlighting"!

I'm sure the exact situation is different for various places and times. Here I could try to wash dishes, moonlighting, and be paid "under the table", not reported to the TaxMan, but because illegal immigrants are often paid this way, the government tends to raid restaurant kitchens to check the workers. Most employers just won't do "under the table", there's too much government and they do not need the hassle.

Moonlighting is not quite the same as MoonShining. (Moonshine is whiskey made without paying the US Tax. I was astonished to learn that many more enlightened nations do not super-tax booze-- the US has done so since nearly the beginning.)

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I just checked, and strangely we get between 0 and 3 mystifying events like this per year. It might co-incide with the server being down, or a backup occurring, or the internet waking up on the wrong side of bed that day. I'll need to make sure in future that when a backup occurs, or we're performing maintenance, that the PayPal IPN notification URL stays active. Thanks for letting me know. I've fixed your membership status :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I tried to help Osvaldo donate as I have in the past, Western Union in Argentina insists that he provide my official government ID number (whatever that is). Obviously I did not want to give some unknown foreign agent any information like this so we were not able to proceed.

I suggested international postal money order, but apparently there is a problem with that too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.