Can't attach pictures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
This is now fixed. I set a vBulletin javascript that was holding up page loading to "defer", hoping it did nothing of note before the page was loaded, but it looks like it broke this. I have returned it to "blocking", and it looks like you can now access the button. I'll leave it alone :)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Just trying something. Images didn't seem to show correctly for me.

Edit... they are not showing as a preview image. They open if you click though.

Attachments

• Test.JPG
    Test.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 37
There's a persisting buggy behavior with pictures attached on this BBS since long ago, hope it gets sorted out when the forum is moving over to XenForo.
As the link below describes I have the same problem when clicking on pictures in peoples posts, many pictures takes me to another web page where the picture alone is displayed, then one have to surf back to the post, and all this loading of web pages forth and back is quite an annoying sluggish internet browsing experience, loading DiyA from US servers over to Koskenkorva Land is not super fast, hope people in US keeps this in mind regarding overseas members using DiyA.
Some pictures doesn't get properly uploaded as attachments

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Same problem here.
And the rescaling of big attachments does not happen when I refresh.
The "multi-Quote This Message" icon has gone, only the label appears.
Clicking on the message brings up the mulitquote correctly.

• Multi-Quote button has been fixed. You will need to do a hard refresh of your cache: Refresh your cache - When hitting F5 just isn't enough!
  • JPEG thumbnail creation was broken for a period of time after the server move, and this has now been fixed. However thumbnails created during that time will stay broken, and need to be manually re-created / re-uploaded to fix them. They will still open to the full image if clicked on. This bug also broke the scaling javascript, as the thumbnail image doesn't exist.

There's a persisting buggy behavior with pictures attached on this BBS since long ago, hope it gets sorted out when the forum is moving over to XenForo.
As the link below describes I have the same problem when clicking on pictures in peoples posts, many pictures takes me to another web page where the picture alone is displayed, then one have to surf back to the post, and all this loading of web pages forth and back is quite an annoying sluggish internet browsing experience, loading DiyA from US servers over to Koskenkorva Land is not super fast, hope people in US keeps this in mind regarding overseas members using DiyA.
Some pictures doesn't get properly uploaded as attachments

• The entire image and attachment ecosystem will change completely once we move to XF
  • We will be strongly considering enforcing only locally uploaded images to be placed in threads, to prevent image-rot (or PhotoPost) situations

I'm in Australia myself, so don't worry, speed for non-US members is a important concern for me! We will soon be using a different CDN (Cloudflare) and optimizing it, and this is done specifically for non-US members to enjoy the fastest possible speeds. We are already using Cloudflare for DNS, and it has been very reliable (over the last 12 months) compared to our old DNS provider. We have 1,145,698 attachments, so that's a lot of caching to be pushed to every CDN node around the world. Some of the less frequently accessed images won't live long enough in the CDNs to always be there when you look for them and will be re-pulled from the origin in the US, but we'll do our best.

We de-activated the CDN before we moved server, and we have not yet re-enabled it as it makes correcting mistakes difficult. Once we finish a few days of bug fixing and are sure everything is loading correctly and working correctly, we will then (re-)activate our CDN and work hard to ensure as much as possible is pushed to and stays at worldwide CDN nodes, within reason.

Last edited:
JPEG thumbnails are working...
They sure are. Never mind all that other crap, those cable lifters are spectacular. It really doesn't matter what the rest of the gear is so long as you have those. ;)

Jason, I know it's been a long time coming, I know what you have done so far and I know there is more to come, but on behalf of the Mods:

Thanks friend.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.