Taken to random posts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I notice the same behavior, and it's not new. It seems in some cases it takes me to the page I last visited and there can be several more pages after that. It's never bothered me because it seems worthwhile to me to read the intervening posts. (Yeah I actually do that, except when I don't, which usually results in my posting something embarrassing.. LOL)

I presume as a moderator you can delete embarrassing posts even after 30mins which us lesser mortals cannot do......however subscribers will have already been emailed the faux pas :D. Yes, it's not a new phenomena, but I'm finding it increasingly confusing as I progress down the rocky road of life...:wchair:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I generally leave my embarrassing posts alone unless I notice them within the 30 minute time window all members get.. LOL

And of course the trail of guilt is there in the email notifications for everyone to see. :D

I have the impression many don't actually read the notifications, and I only do if I don't have access to the forum at the time.

Things have become much more complex across our lifetimes so it may not just be a sign of encroaching senility, but one of excessive complexity in daily tasks.. :D

I'm guilty too, or so my wife likes to tell me... ;)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
When I click on "topic" on the homepage I'm often taken to the thread a few posts or pages back from the most recent posting. Is this normal? Is there a way I can always be taken to the most recent post?
I believe it takes you back to the last place you were in that thread. If it takes you back in a thread you are going to the first time, then I'm not sure of the mechanism.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
There may have been some weirdness over the last few days as I was experimenting with different caches. Sometimes session data may have been lost mid-visit. That is probably all resolved now as we're now using the "final" cache configuration.

In regards to a few posts being off, that might be due to some posts getting deleted. If this is not due to this, please let me know. It's possible that some other caching is causing the "last post" to not be updated soon enough.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.