Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I think that the Articles section is fairly self explanatory. We have had a number of people write articles, similar to what you might see in a magazine about various topics.

I guess if you had an idea for an article (or already have one) you could talk to Variac (diyAudio's editor) about the possibility of putting it in the articles section.

The wiki is a different kettle of fish altogether and I think is supposed to be a communal resource. Like wikipedia anyone can edit the content that is written there. It hasn't really ever taken off that I am aware of.

Tony.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The only "Wiki" that I ever saw take-off is Wikipedia.

> my "High Audio Quality AM Tuner" into an article

Looking at a sample Article, "L’Amp: A Simple SIT Amp: Part 1", it is just text and pictures. You can do that. How it gets onto the DIYA Articles page is not clear, I'm sure Variac can tell you. And like authors and editors everywhere, I'm sure it starts with a summary and a sample page.

I think that the Articles section is fairly self explanatory. We have had a number of people write articles, similar to what you might see in a magazine about various topics.

I guess if you had an idea for an article (or already have one) you could talk to Variac (diyAudio's editor) about the possibility of putting it in the articles section.

The wiki is a different kettle of fish altogether and I think is supposed to be a communal resource. Like wikipedia anyone can edit the content that is written there. It hasn't really ever taken off that I am aware of.

Tony.
The Forum Wiki was going strong and provided a very useful resource for the projects that were in there. I recall the Krell clones going in and becoming full of info for Builders.
But the forum had a major collapse in it's software and all access to the Wiki was lost. Then some parts of the Wiki were brought back to life (backup?)
But full restoration of the Wiki features never occurred.
It is not even listed in the top drop down menu.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> Wiki ... It is not even listed in the top drop down menu.

? I see it. Maybe there are multiple "themes" for this forum?

attachment.php

Attachments

• DIYA-Wiki.gif
    DIYA-Wiki.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...write an article, ...as a draft (not public) until ... How?

... ... talk to Variac (diyAudio's editor)
diyAudio - View Profile: Variac

I know nothing about the DIYA editorial process. But for a book-length novel, you would prepare an outline or synopsis, most of the first chapter, and maybe some of the sexy-parts, chase-scenes, whatever shows the work is good. For an article, maybe the first page. Used to be a $10 typewriter and the cheapest paper. Now I guess WordPad and e-mail. Just a sample, so you don't type 300 pages and then the editor refuses it; also so if the editor likes the idea but sees a different organization you won't be re-typing 300 pages (or even 3 pages).

> until it has been finished

One big advantage of On-Line articles is they do not have to be "finished", carved in stone or ink and sent to readers. Tell the whole story sure; but if thoughts come to you later, or readers need more details, they can be added any time.

OK, thanks for the reply. Last time i did something like it, it appeared before completely deformed. See my trafo post in the High Audio Quality Audio Tuner. I would want to check some form that it doesn't happen once.

I see you as moderator in others audio forums with the same nick and avatar. Crazy, no? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.