Spelling checker dude

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

The spelling checker (Enabled in my case to help me a good message redaction as non-native-English speaker) rejects normal usage words used here like "triode" and "pentode".

Is any way to upgrade or overcome this small issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Osvaldo.

Attachments

• Spelling.GIF
    Spelling.GIF
    21.2 KB · Views: 133

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
What they said.

TMI Alert!

The spill-checker you show is in your browser.

(If it was in the forum software, someone would have added 'triode' years ago.)

The starter word-list probably covers 99% of the words normal people use. Some of us are not normal. We use funny words. There is a Personal Dictionary file for us. For Firefox/Win it is something like: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\ Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5wvn5k64.default\ persdict.dat

It may start blank (missing). Do what Bill and Pano say, fill it with words you know and it does not. It is in fact a plain-text file and you can edit it; but you probably should not tamper recklessly. ADD New Word is in the browser interface, (right-click on the word).

I have 38 entries and here are the first few:
triodes
incandescents
hydrostatic
windings
potentiometer
MOSFET
venturi
transconductance
MOSFETs

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Lets try MS Edge ;)

Pentode, triode, heptode, beam tetrode, Nixie (LOL, it wants to use Pixie and Dixie :D)

Neutrodyne, Kink-less Tetrode, thermionic, Klystron.

Not bad at all :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 70
  • P and D.jpg
    P and D.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 71

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> Grammarly for Chrome.

The page offers me Grammarly for FireFox. It will go out with anybody.

Adding "triode" is so easy in FireFox, that alone is uncompelling.

I'm not keen on grammar checkers, since most have been very stupid. However I do get tired of misuse of it's, your, affect, etc online.

Oh, WTH..... hmmmm. It says it can't connect. This was not disclosed. It is aggressive, accusing me of a complex sentence, picking out "your" outside a clause like "your brilliant", but then accepting "your brilliant" without comment. Your a jerk? This is also accepted.... no, it popped-up as I hit Save.

Attachments

• Grammarly.gif
    Grammarly.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.