Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Thank you for keeping the forum consistent ...!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th October 2016, 12:35 PM   #11
Preamp is offline Preamp  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatech View Post
You may see some changes that are unavoidable, but it will be kept as close to the DIYAudio "look and feel".
Sounds good to me! As long as you're not going to simply switch to a new software and let the place look totally different than before, but try to make the new package look as much like the old one, then I can rest assured . Since this is not going to be some minor "under the hood" stuff, you're going to have a whole lotta things to do there... Looks like another donation might be appropriate here !
Old 26th October 2016, 06:17 PM   #12
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Lasse,
I'll second the comments made by Cal. I think we started being moderators around the same time.

The membership hasn't noticed most of the changes as they were applied. Jason and his team are to be commended for their excellent work and attention to detail.

-Chris
Old 26th October 2016, 06:35 PM   #13
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

During the changes most of the glitches were in the back-room were we are affected by a lot of custom coding to make janitor work easier.

dave
Old 29th October 2016, 03:40 PM   #14
Dude111 is offline Dude111
diyAudio Member

I hope Jason and staff doesnt get mad @ me for sharing this (You can delete my reply if you dont want this shared)

In case some of you dont know what Xenforo looks like,here is a site running it..

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.png (34.4 KB, 71 views)
Old 29th October 2016, 10:26 PM   #15
Cal Weldon is offline Cal Weldon  Canada
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Fugly.
Old 29th October 2016, 10:40 PM   #16
Andrew Eckhardt is offline Andrew Eckhardt  United States
diyAudio Member

I just wanted to say that this forum has become dear to me, well enough, and by my assessment, members of such gravitate to function over form in a serious way. So, I would like to suggest that major changes occur as a matter of technical improvement rather than fad. Information is information. Data is data. It need not be overly processed. That is all...
Old 29th October 2016, 11:05 PM   #17
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Perfectly reasonable Andrew ...
Old 29th October 2016, 11:11 PM   #18
vinylkid58 is offline vinylkid58  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I hope Jason and staff doesnt get mad @ me for sharing this (You can delete my reply if you dont want this shared)

In case some of you dont know what Xenforo looks like,here is a site running it..

Steve Hoffman Music Forums
Gezuzz, what are you running, Windows 95?

jeff
Old 30th October 2016, 03:24 AM   #19
Dude111 is offline Dude111
diyAudio Member

Nope.. Win98se (With IE6 (MyIE2 in front))

You were close though..
Old 26th November 2017, 11:45 PM   #20
gainphile is offline gainphile  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Eckhardt View Post
I just wanted to say that this forum has become dear to me, well enough, and by my assessment, members of such gravitate to function over form in a serious way. So, I would like to suggest that major changes occur as a matter of technical improvement rather than fad. Information is information. Data is data. It need not be overly processed. That is all...
Indeed I really can't say or agree more. I hadn't logged on to this forum for a while due to work/motivation/ideas/life in general and it's soooo refreshing to log in, see the posts as they were, even the familiar looks.

And even links I saved in my favourites ALL still works!!

I wish I could say the same for other audio and non-audio forums I went in the past and used daily. Many had turned really quiet and people are blaming facebook over it

So THANK YOU... THANK YOU ... and THANK YOU for all the great work the moderators and owners of this site had done

Thank you for keeping the forum consistent ...!Hide this!Advertise here!