diyAudio slow in China

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any page I try to access loads the top part of the page then after about 3 minutes it's like something clicks and the content loads. I've been here over a week now and it's always the same, on my Android phone and Win7 laptop with Firefox.

I wonder is it something to do with the adverts as everything Google is blocked in China. Any tips from any Chinese users?

All you need to do is decide on which VPN you want to use and then download the software. You can send me a pm and I can send you an invite. Not sure if it's good for a few days or a week? Or just do a search for VPN's that work in China.

The free one's tend to be a bit spotty. Sometimes they don't work and and they are almost always slow. The android app can usually be downloaded from the VPN providers site and if that is also blocked you can email their support and they will email you the app for your phone.

It's a little bit of work, but you'll be grateful you did it. That is if you plan to be in China for an extended period.

The price of the VPN's range from $5-15 dollars a month. Depending on the length of time you sign-up for and features you require.

Yes you are confronting the "Great firewall of China". A VPN will make this more tolerable. Some of the websites will either be very slow or not open at all. Almost everything with the word blog in the address is blocked. Even if it's a DIY electronics discussion. Something you must deal with while living in China.

I'm getting a new problem now (not using a VPN) that some aspects of the page simply aren't loading. For example there's no ability to add attachments because clicking on that button does nothing. The 'mouse over' indications are also not present. Any of you VPN users in China getting this - it'd be nice to lay it at the door of the firewall.

Some information is completely blocked and some comes through at a snails pace. Sometimes it's used to discourage you from using foreign internet services I believe? The VPN can slow things down a bit, but generally you can load the pages fully. Be warned some schools disrupt your service if they know your using a VPN. If you have internet at your home or apartment it should be fine.

Same problem for me too. First time I noticed this issue was ~ 3 years ago, I used to spend hours trying to refresh pages to be able to post something while the other forum members thought I just simply ignore them when they posted question after question. Sent couple of mails to forum admin regarding this issue all without an useful answer. This was one of the main reasons why I gave up on my forum Vendor's section. Was just useless to have the forum there when it was a real challenge to post anything and leave the impression that I don't care about their posts. Though I've seen that many members blame the Gr.at FW for all this issue I doubt that this is the only reason for the accessibility issues.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.