subscriptions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The default behavior for every thread you participate in is to subscribe you with "Daily email notifications". I find this rather annoying, especially since each of the threads I have participated in generates a separate email message when it has activity. I may well have half a dozen or more emails calling my attention to threads where I have relatively minor interest.

IMHO, an improvement would be to roll all of those emails into a single message saying something like "The following threads have been active since your last login . . . ". At least that wouldn't clutter the mailbox quite as badly.

If there is a user option regarding the automagic subscriptions, I haven't found it in the "User CP" nor anyplace else. You can opt-out of the subscription, or alter the notification option, but it takes some conscious effort on your part. Basically you have to use the "Advanced" post editor (instead of "Quick Reply") and specify an alternate subscription behavior for every thread you participate in. See atch image for more detailed instructions.

Dale

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 50
Goto User CP at the top and select "edit options". Scroll down and change the drop down setting to "do not subscribe"
Thanks for the instructions! Be sure to click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the "Edit Options" page, or the selection(s) won't take effect.

For some reason I had it in my mind that the "Edit Options" menu was for "Options related to how you edit postings" - things like fonts, paragraph justification, embedded images, etc. Thanks for setting me straight.

Dale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.