This is an excellent site BUT! for one thing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Ive found myself not using this site much anymore because of the size restriction on uploads,how are you supposed to explain something in a post properly without a picture or diagram,schematic,ect... I don't know how many times Ive spent time composing a post here only to press submit to be told (computer says no)Grrr I get pissed off and go to AK to try my luck, there you can post a big file and they automatically pare it down for you so that it fits with no hassles.Why isn't it done here may I ask? I would rather use this site because its so much better but most of the time I have no choice?

Attach a png, or pdf, or zip and it works just fine.
The size allowances for attachments is enormous.
Some post 8megapixel pics when a 500kpixel pic would suffice. But the system allows even those overly large sizes.

The Forum does automatically downsize to the thumbnails, or used to, but I don't see them as often, nor recently.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Ive found myself not using this site much anymore because of the size restriction on uploads,how are you supposed to explain something in a post properly without a picture or diagram,schematic,ect... I don't know how many times Ive spent time composing a post here only to press submit to be told (computer says no)Grrr I get pissed off and go to AK to try my luck, there you can post a big file and they automatically pare it down for you so that it fits with no hassles.Why isn't it done here may I ask? I would rather use this site because its so much better but most of the time I have no choice?

I agree. You should be able to upload a large image and have the site resize it for you. Not rocket science. It's 2014. You shouldn't have to waste your time opening image editing programs to resize your images. We'll have this in the near future when we revamp the site with new software. Long overdue. I apologize for letting the functionality on the site slip. We'll make a giant leap ahead this year.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I agree. You should be able to upload a large image and have the site resize it for you. Not rocket science. It's 2014. You shouldn't have to waste your time opening image editing programs to resize your images. We'll have this in the near future when we revamp the site with new software. Long overdue. I apologize for letting the functionality on the site slip. We'll make a giant leap ahead this year.

Hooray! There you go! This site is just so cool.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.