This is an excellent site BUT! for one thing - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Forum Problems

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2014, 02:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default This is an excellent site BUT! for one thing

Ive found myself not using this site much anymore because of the size restriction on uploads,how are you supposed to explain something in a post properly without a picture or diagram,schematic,ect... I don't know how many times Ive spent time composing a post here only to press submit to be told (computer says no)Grrr I get pissed off and go to AK to try my luck, there you can post a big file and they automatically pare it down for you so that it fits with no hassles.Why isn't it done here may I ask? I would rather use this site because its so much better but most of the time I have no choice?
Old 16th January 2014, 03:00 PM   #2
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

What's the problem? If anything, the size restrictions are overly generous, IMO - nearly 1MB for a JPEG, for example.

Is it just the hassle of resizing images before you upload them? I use MS Paint for that - it's really easy.
Old 16th January 2014, 03:38 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

not everbody has fast download speeds and somebody has to pay for diyaudio's bandwidth
Old 16th January 2014, 03:54 PM   #4
sippy is offline sippy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Post a small image / upload and if any one 'wants it large' arrange to email / DropBox etc.
Old 16th January 2014, 04:14 PM   #5
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Attach a png, or pdf, or zip and it works just fine.
The size allowances for attachments is enormous.
Some post 8megapixel pics when a 500kpixel pic would suffice. But the system allows even those overly large sizes.

The Forum does automatically downsize to the thumbnails, or used to, but I don't see them as often, nor recently.
Old 17th January 2014, 06:22 AM   #6
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
Ive found myself not using this site much anymore because of the size restriction on uploads,how are you supposed to explain something in a post properly without a picture or diagram,schematic,ect... I don't know how many times Ive spent time composing a post here only to press submit to be told (computer says no)Grrr I get pissed off and go to AK to try my luck, there you can post a big file and they automatically pare it down for you so that it fits with no hassles.Why isn't it done here may I ask? I would rather use this site because its so much better but most of the time I have no choice?
I agree. You should be able to upload a large image and have the site resize it for you. Not rocket science. It's 2014. You shouldn't have to waste your time opening image editing programs to resize your images. We'll have this in the near future when we revamp the site with new software. Long overdue. I apologize for letting the functionality on the site slip. We'll make a giant leap ahead this year.
Old 17th January 2014, 06:36 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I agree. You should be able to upload a large image and have the site resize it for you. Not rocket science. It's 2014. You shouldn't have to waste your time opening image editing programs to resize your images. We'll have this in the near future when we revamp the site with new software. Long overdue. I apologize for letting the functionality on the site slip. We'll make a giant leap ahead this year.
Hooray! There you go! This site is just so cool.

Hide this!Advertise here!