Site locks up Firefox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm running FF28.0 and am seeing sporadic slow downs where my cursor has a blinking circle next to it.

I've seen this both on my machine at work (Win 7 HPZ620) and at home (Linux 14). If I close the browser tab for diyAudio, the problem ceases immediately. When I open a new tab and go to diyAudio, it usually is fine for a while and starts acting up again.

I've only seen the problem when I have a tab open with diyAudio in it.

When this happens, it effects my entire system. For instance, if I try to edit a document in word I can type and not see any text addition for several seconds.

Selecting other programs will result in a long pause before any activity is seen.

Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I got a new laptop build a few days ago. moved from XP to win7 64bit enterprise. I loaded waterfox 28.0 instead of firefox, it seems to be much more compatible than earlier versions, and is very snappy! Not sure if that is the new build or waterfox but no complaints as yet!

I haven't installed the flash plugin, but surprisingly youtube works out of the box... Will avoid installing flash as long as I can :)

Tony.

Hi, I'm using FF with Win 7 Pro now and have had no issues, another of my PCs was using it with XP Pro with no issues either (just upgraded that one to 7 Pro and it is fine with FF). I would check your firewall and anti virus settings for a conflict. BTW the programs Ghostery and Addblock Plus are great add ons to FF. Very few issues.

have you still got version 28b update manually via firefox if not try opera its fast and quite user friendly

last not least guys...due to many issues around atm we all know about, install the browser via right click on downloaded icon, install as administrator.that wat it should set that you will be notified if any thing trys to stop you from getting on here..im on a netbook for this kind of surfing etc windows 7 enter edition opera and firefox engines both set up via aministartor..hope that helps

administrator even

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.