Site locks up Firefox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Found it best to take a minimalist approach to add-ons myself.
The few that I do need, I disable till I actually need them, and then turn them on.
A lot of those unnecessary frills end up causing too many issues and needlessly waste resources.
Funny how when the hardware steps up in performance, everyone out there seems to be trying to bog it down with un-needed processes.
The KISS approach is good approach in this matter.

Exactly the same problem here. Had to install Chrome to view this page and find out what was causing it! Actually seems quite a bit faster all round.

I have the same problem here, currently not with diyaudio but with flickr and some others.
Methinks it also used to happen to diya.

I've got the impression that it affects those sites much more that try to load lots of small
items/many files at once. Maybe some items time out before everything is collected for
display and when they are re-loaded, others time out.

The situation is much more severe here with cell phone internet access than with DSL.
It is not directly linked to bandwith. Sometimes I can stream a hirez video from youtube
but flickr would simply not work.

Chrome/Chromium is somewhat better here, too.

LInux Mint 16, Dell Precision laptop / SSDs / 16 G, so computation power is not a factor.)
Add-Ons: download helper, adblocker for Firefox.

regards, Gerhard

Last edited:
Ditto above post. Even when scrolling a frame will black out and then, when scrolling down return to normal....but soon hangs. [Most problems are not DIYaudio unique] It also happens - for example - with BBC News sites!

All of this started with Firefox 26 and now with 27, but the frequency of hangs multiplied vastly after installing the latestMac updates to OS 10.7.5.

Here in Kelso there is line upgrading and this may be at least part of the cause.

I do not think the problem lies with DIYaudio, but there may be some feature there which occasionally sparks such behaviour with MAc OS or Firefox.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
6pm GMT and things are flaky. Site checkers show the site is up but clicking the link the site checker shows gives the following blank screen. It appears to fully load but the page is blank. Other tabs open on the site have the "spinning globe" as can be seen in the picture. After a couple of minutes those pages load.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 67
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.