Server problems?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I noticed.

A normal response earlier today.
Around Midday DIYaudio became very slow.
This continued for quite a few minutes and pages.
Then suddenly nothing.
No Email either.

Edit
This post took about 2minutes to send and get a confirmation back that it had been received.

Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I've noticed problems uploading attachments lately. But I'm not sure if it is a problem with the forum or with the latest version of firefox....

Attachment shows what it was saying whilst it waited for a minute or two before continuing. Ironically this attachment had no performance issues at all..

Tony.

Attachments

• slow upload.png
    slow upload.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 93
I am now on a university link via microwave dishes that regularly achieves 21Mbits to 27Mbits per second.

BT have no business through me any more, not even my landline, which they rented out to an isp at extortionate rates.
They have fleeced me long enough.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That's an unknown then ? The university might perhaps still connect via BT ultimately.

Its becoming such an annoying issue that I would like to find the reason why it happens. Around 1pm today and it took me three minutes to get back into the site. Just a spinning globe and white screen. I kept retrying and retrying and then suddenly all OK again. When this happened the other day I had another PC on at the same time and confirmed that was the same too. No access to diyAudio yet everything else OK. I've no issue with upload and download speeds these coming in at around 9 and 37mbs respectively.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hello Mooly, may I suggest that you try different internet browsers when the diyAudio site behaves poorly? It will provide additional insight for the debug team ("more data is more better!"). You may even discover, as I did, that one of the other browsers is so much faster on diyAudio than the others, that I didn't really mind using a different browser. In exchange for the speed. I tried MSIE, Opera, Chrome, and Firefox. -MGJ

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Mark,
well I'm on IE11 mainly (W7x64) but have the same issue with IE9 on Vista. If I'm honest I don't really want to install other browsers simply because experience has shown that keeping stuff all Microsoft by and large avoids many issues as new platforms and updates come along. It all works well together.

Normally anything clickable on here takes around 1 second to action (1 second as in saying aloud "a thousand and one" which is a good mental approximation to second :D)

Appreciate the comments though, and I can see your logic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.