email address

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Was it an email from some other "part" of the site, or normal thread notifiers etc ? Your email has changed and is showing with gmail

I changed email addresses too (just altered it in my user control panel) and haven't had any go to the old one.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Planet I have already changed my email address. That was about two weeks before my existing provider planned to stop providing.
I am now about 3 weeks after they threatened to close and today when I returned home I found a DIYAUDIO Email to my old address.sent @ 0046hrs today.

This is why I asked was the email from a different "part" of the site. I've just checked my old BT address and the newsletter has appeared there for me also (time stamped Friday 17.45)

I'll see what I can find out.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Try this Andrew. Scroll down to the end of your newsletter as shown here and input your new address.

Attachments

• email2.JPG
    email2.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 102
  • email.JPG
    email.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 100
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Why should we need to search for rogue locations of our Email addresses?
Tell the Forum once and it should all be sorted.

This is a Forum Problem, just as the Thread title asks.

Completely separate systems - there is currently no live interaction between the forum database of email addresses and the mail out software database, except to add new subscribers at the moment they join the forum.

Sorry we don't have anything better than that.

As mentioned, there are several links in the bottom of newsletters to adjust all your subscriptions - please use them until we have some whizz bang system that auto updates. Currently it's a real pain to sync the systems because if an email address has changed, there's no way to tell if the old email has unsubscribed and the new one should be subscribed, etc...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.