Links to threads not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
This issue happened in FF, IE and Opera. One thing I've noticed was the time date stamp on all posts were 4 hours in the future, as if I hadn't logged in, thus using forum default perhaps?

Regardless after several restarts from all three browsers it miraculously started working again. No changes made on my part :rolleyes:

Will add I was responding to a PM I had received sending me to a forum post. I had been on the forums prior to this and had taken a break, talked to a neighbor, etc. When I returned was when all went south for an hour.

Odd issue to say the least.

Also note that I couldn't further post or read this thread after making the original post. Always displaying "Page not found"

yeah i'm getting this in a pretty random way just tonight too, 'page not found' it doesnt really seem to discriminate other than seeing the forums, but not able to go into the threads. but not all once i'm in a thread I can post and move between pages, but then i'll go into another thread and get it again.

i'm using fluidapp, which is a mac program that allows you to make individual browsers that will only allow you to navigate to addresses you have chosen. so for example anything containing diyaudio.com and I can only go to addresses containing diyaudio.com in that copy of the browser. this allows me to have a very minimal java capable browser that cant automatically redirect me anywhere with spam or virus attacks. I just dont trust java fully lately. then I run firefox without java or flash activated. I have individual apps for my 3 main forums.

so it would seem its not browser related. its also quite slow, with a second or 2 (or more) between clicking and any action. the same app browsing other forums is not having any problem and no delay. thats another bonus of this very streamlined browser, they are really fast.

Last edited:
Similar problems here :mad:
Either a time out message or page not found.
Same thing on my android tablet and windows phone. Using WiFi or my mobile operator makes no difference.Hopefully it will be fixed soon as I begin to show signs of withdrawal ;)
Copying links into Google sometimes gets me there...

Edit: until recently the links to the threads included the thread title. Now there are only references to numbers.
Looks like a site update gone sour.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The problem seems to be that the forum is glitching and doubling up the URL. Look in your nav bar and you will see the address is doubled. We will fix ASAP.

For the moment, delete the 2nd half of the link (after the second http://) and you should be able to get where you want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.