New bugs - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Forum Problems

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd June 2013, 04:58 PM   #31
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Slow here for the last 15 minutes or so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture 2.JPG (44.2 KB, 60 views)
Old 2nd June 2013, 05:04 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to merlin2069er
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/dvb-projekt/

try this link.

Klang Projekt does not have a blog yet.
Old 2nd June 2013, 06:22 PM   #33
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin2069er View Post
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/dvb-projekt/

try this link.

Klang Projekt does not have a blog yet.
Hi Merliner. Please refer to my previous reply to you about this. Thank you very much.

In other news, I have disabled the member list temporarily while I determine if it's responsible for the intermittent forum lockups. vBulletin has some very slow running queries to do with querying the member list and if several people are browsing it at the same time it looks like it has the ability to create some nasty locks affecting the whole forum.

After a few days the member list will be re-evaluated.
Old 2nd June 2013, 06:32 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
The main problem is threads having enormous images breaking them and link rot - we will find a solution.
Im on 1 site Jay that RESIZES the images into a little window REGARDLESS OF THE SIZE and if you wanna see it full screen,ya just click the window of it.... Maybe that would work good here
Old 2nd June 2013, 06:43 PM   #35
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Im on 1 site Jay that RESIZES the images into a little window REGARDLESS OF THE SIZE and if you wanna see it full screen,ya just click the window of it.... Maybe that would work good here
Heya. Which site? If the resizing is done locally with javascript etc, that sucks. It means people are having to download (for example) a dozen 5MB images and have their browser resize them for them on the fly. Horrible.

If you're suggesting a solution where the server pulls the images from the remote site, stores them on its hard drive, then creates thumbnails for them, and then deletes the originals in case the OP wanted to retain copyright (and do they want copyright over the thumbnails?) that also sucks (legal issues, getting the diyAudio server to navigate a remote system, possibly get its IP banned, all kinds of various problems to do with things being outside of our realm of control).

I think the only decent solution is to ban the display of all remotely linked images and make diyAudio's image uploader something to be proud of (I know, it is sucky at the moment on many levels - that's going to change).

If people want to link to their own remotely stores galleries using a link, that's fine. However, they should take into consideration how many old posts around here which used self-hosted or 3rd party image hosting services are now full of broken images - not good for anybody...

Last edited by Jason; 2nd June 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 3rd June 2013, 02:37 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Well for now if members do not wanna see large images they can goto thier USERCP and uncheck "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)" It will then just show a link to the image......

This site has an option in USERCP where members can set the size of image resize

http://forums.bit-tech.net (VBB)
Old 5th June 2013, 04:16 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Knight
Can't get in my profile. When I click on my user name, it just links me to a 'white knight' user!

Old 5th June 2013, 06:48 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

Yes I just tried it and it goes to that other user!!!

I even tried going directly TO YOUR MEMBER # and the same thing happend!

www.diyaudio.com/forums/member.php?u=121030

But when i goto a PM link IT WORKS CORRECTLY!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/priva...newpm&u=121030

Or search for all threads you are active in!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/searc...sts=0&u=121030

Seems your profile is corrupted somehow.... That other members user # is 2187!!

Quite strange!! (Maybe Jason can fix things)

EDIT:

This works correctly also

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/profi...riend&u=121030

Last edited by Dude111; 5th June 2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 9th June 2013, 09:07 PM   #39
diyAudio Administrator

Lil knight: For several years, we've used VBSEO, and it breaks the profile pages of members with "special characters" (non A-Z, or underscore) who have a "namespace clash" with other members. At that same time we stopped accepting usernames with special characters to prevent any future clashes. Older members who still have special characters we are dealing with on a case by case basis to find a solution for them.

One path is to change their username. Either removing the special character, or changing it to an underscore. That will fix the problem.

Another path is to delete the "other" user, if they are not active on the forum anymore (say within the last 5 years) and never posted.

I have been waiting for a response now from VBSEO for over a week, as have apparently lots of other people - it seems their support department has gone AWOL. I'm still waiting for a response to see if there's something else we can do.

Lil knight / DVB Projekt - To fix this right now, we can either change your username (remove the special character or replace it with underscore) or look into the other names your name clashes with. I'll still be waiting for VBSEO to get back to me to see if there is another way around it.

UPDATE: Apparently the owner of VBSEO has had a car accident and that is why tickets there are not being answered. Hopefully we'll have a suggestion from them shortly.

Last edited by Jason; 9th June 2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10th June 2013, 01:11 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Wow,I hope he is OK Jason!!!

Thats not good to ever happen to anyone!!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!