"Digital Line Level" and "Dital Source" forums.. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Forum Problems

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd April 2013, 09:34 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default "Digital Line Level" and "Dital Source" forums..

Hello All,

I think that "Digital Line Level" and "Dital Source" forums are a bit confusing and difference is not that clear. For example, you can find a lot of DAC related threads in both forums.

It seemed to me that one of them is not necessary at all and merging them as one forum will avoid many misconceptions.

What do you think?

Regards.

Last edited by terranigma; 23rd April 2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:26 AM   #2
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

I think it is the users of those forums who are confused. Similar confusion arises in the Tube/Valve forum, which clearly states 'not for guitar amps etc.' yet receives lots of guitar amp threads. Even the 'forum problems' forum (this one) sometimes receives requests for help with audio problems.

A demarcation between sources of digital audio data and processing that data into sound seems sensible. I suppose the problem is that a CD player includes both within one box.
Old 23rd April 2013, 01:43 PM   #3
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

yep, this is a case of operator error, the 2 are clearly as different as analogue source and analogue line level, why its confusing to some I dont know

Hide this!Advertise here!