Security Tokens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So here I am just minding my own business trying to attach some photos to a post & this "security tokens missing" denying me the ability to attach these photos. What am I doing wrong is it the site or is it my machine??

_____________________________________________________Rick.......

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
There is another thread here that discusses this somewhere - pretty sure it only happens when you do stuff out of sync on two windows. It gets confused. Do things linearly on one window:

Write post -> pop up the attachment window -> upload your attachments -> close that window -> finish your post -> post.

If in the middle of that sequence you go browsing other pages of the site in another window, it gets confused. That's my hunch / understanding of this issue.

It also happens commonly after the backups. Sorry for the hassle.

I've been getting the security token warning too the last couple of months but have found a fix. In my case it seems related to posting too many attachments at once per press of the "upload" button. Maybe a total size problem? If I split up the attachments into just 2 per upload it has worked every time so far. Recently I tried to upload 6 at once and got the security warning. Then immediately went back and uploaded the same files two at a time and it worked.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.