Enhanced Print View

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 2 to 3 days delay was from 19th April. We are now in May and as of today it is not working still ! Will the problem get resolved ?
I still get this message

" We are sorry, but we are currently disabling the enhanced print thread function while doing some server load tests to see if it is causing a problem for the server. We will be restoring the enhanced print thread functionality as soon as we're done. I would expect this to take 2-3 days so we can have a good look at the impact on server load. Jason (April 19th 2013) "

Take your time Jason. I was wondering if it had something to do with 'hackers' as the text message came up on a blank white screen and not a DIYaudio page! I don't know much about how all that works.
The feature was useful .It helped me read long threads that had interesting info at a slow pace later on .One can read it without logging on to the Net! Especially useful for guys with low retention capability who need to flip between pages quickly. Can go from page to page faster if it's sitting on the HDD.
Cheers.:)

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
This is re-enabled now. Please go easy on it and don't keep hitting refresh / reload if you don't see results immediately. It's become pretty clear that general server slowdown is related to the record number of users we have online - I'll be addressing that ASAP.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
EPT is now back online (again), this time with the checks and balances it should have had from the start.

Ashok - yes more hardware is always great but what have now (which is still pretty impressive) should be just fine once the software side has been thoroughly polished and gremlins removed. But thanks :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.