Greek letters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't have a number pad for alt-codes and had my own troubles in this thread. I usually use the quick reply window, too, for text-only posts. Hopefully this advanced stuff works:
±°Ω²ǁβμθλ≤≈√π

Cool. Even the superscripts!

Last edited:
Π π φ Φ γ Γ Λ λ μ ρ

It is working for me.
I think the problem lies at your keyboard installed languages.

Hey, if you can't write Greek characters, what for the rest of us ! :D:D:D

I don't have a number pad for alt-codes and had my own troubles in this thread. I usually use the quick reply window, too, for text-only posts. Hopefully this advanced stuff works:
±°Ω²ǁβμθλ≤≈√π

Cool. Even the superscripts!

Oh superscripts, whith my keyboard configuration is hard, but works !

Excellent solution then. All the cool letters we see in frat movies and more!

Oh Salas, illustrious glory of Athens. (It's that I read many times the Iliad) :)

Thanks for your help !

Give my regards to Jason.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
µ is alt+0181
what is Pi,
what is delta?
The 4 number codes all seem to work (for me on my win7 PC), but I can't find a complete listing of the 4number codes.
I can't get any of the 3 number codes to work. Is my PC set up incorrectly?

Please see my post: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forum-problems/231371-greek-letters.html#post3445946

1) Go to wordpad (windows key + run, type "wordpad", press enter)
2) Type "3c0"
3) Press and hold the ALT key and while holding it down, press X

Alternatively, if you have a "full" keyboard with a number pad, you can probably "ALT + 03c0" but I can't test that for you.

Here is a listing of unicode characters, which appear to work (no guarantees - surprising they work actually because vBulletin 3 doesn't support unicode natively, and the charset is set to latin, but they seem to work fine?):

Unicode Characters in the Greek and Coptic Block

Look for the "How to type in windows" line in any character you are looking for.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It works in Wordpad (W7) but it won't copy and paste as here,
π

I find the same for some of the characters in the Windows character set. They won't copy and paste into the forum while odd ones just paste as totally different.

Attachments

• Pi.JPG
    Pi.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Pi 2.JPG
    Pi 2.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 61
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
π :p I can do it now.

An idea... how about compiling a notepad document with all the symbols we use. It can be a lot quicker just opening such a sheet when needed and copy and pasting the code into the forum.

s3tup
I hope your not going to say that you work in the aerospace industry :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.