Site slowdown

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
two major database upgrades (MySQL 5.0 -> 5.1 -> 5.5), a PHP upgrade (5.2 -> 5.3)

I don't know anything about the forum server architecture but if performance issues are attributable to the database could be worth to consider and evaluate MariaDB (it is claimed to be a drop-in replacement for MySQL and for the little I saw it is). If I'm not wrong Wikipedia migrated from MySQL to MariaDB last month, this means nothing because vBulletin could use the db in a total different way and in this case changing the database could not make any appreciable difference.

Just my two cents...

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Yes we're definitely going to be trying MariaDB in around a month after the current round of change and upgrades has bedded in. It's a favorite of the vBulletin performance experts. It also offers much faster backups. We're currently on MySQL 5.5 which is significantly better then previous versions. Three days in and no problems so far, so we're looking good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.