Firefox marked the forum as an "Attack site" [RESOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just now got this:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for diyaudio.com

What is the current listing status for diyaudio.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 3 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 224 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 6 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-24, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-24.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including vuREPLACETHISTEXTWITHTHELETTERWeather.org/, peneREPLACETHISTEXTWITHTHELETTERTraterarest.pro/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including journalREPLACETHISTEXTWITHTHELETTERDugeek.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, diyaudio.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
It's all been fixed, we're just waiting now for Google to re-review the site. I had it reviewed after the first problem, but now need it re-reviewed after the second problem (which is what the above updated diagnostic page is referring to, and was I believe the real reason for the switch getting tripped in the first place). Just hang in there, and enjoy your Christmas :)

I cant believe you guys are plugging chrome, I thought you would be smarter than to promote spyware from an advertising company.

Every single thing that you type into that address bar into chrome is sent to google for analysis, so google not only knows every single site that you visit, but when, where from, how long you spend on there, what sites you visited on that main site, and so on.

The chrome address bar is a search bar plugged directly into google servers, for convenience they say, oh its a feature they say, no we wont give that information to anyone else they say, yeah right.

When you use firefox or another browser ONLY diyaudio.com sees that info.

Chrome might aswell be a keylogger because all an attacker has to do is imitate and proxy google.com from your ip address to know EVERYTHING that you do.

just because its the most popular doesn't mean its not being used by a bunch of lemmings, same with Android, its an open book to every spyware virus on the planet, but its so popular it isn't funny.

I removed chrome from my ipad because it stored 300MB of private info on me and didn't give me a button to delete it, it was even more useless than safari because at least safari lets me delete my private info from settings.

Now who is the criminal sticking his hand through the screen to grab my laptop, eh eh? its you isn't it google, bloody advertising companies!

For plain old diyaudio.com for years I stuck to the one last free firefox there ever was and ever will be, firefox 3.6 and used a copy of faronix deep freeze and made a nice web box thats dedicated to browsing, nowdays though windows 7 has laid waste to all of this and so has youtube.

I really hate it when corporations dictate what runs on my system and forces me to upgrade just so they can track me better and make more money.

I've got nothing to hide but I find it not only insanely creepy but also walking right into the hands of Big Brother and George Orwell's 1984 to be using Chrome, and find it doubly creepy that diyaudio.com community is in bed with it.

I've been using Chrome (and Chromium on Linux) for a long while now. The data collection doesn't bother me, as it allows all my browser settings and addon preferences to be saved to my Google account, so that all my computers have the same bookmark list and addons even if they're freshly installed. You can, however, disable all of this and it won't transmit anymore information than what's already transmitted when you enter a search term on google.com, which is incidentally the same information that's transmitted to any company when you enter something into a search bar.

As far as tracking for ad delivery, just use Ghostery. If you're super paranoid, download peerblock and blacklist all of Google's servers and set your search engine to duckduckgo.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Got also the same warning using firefox under Linux,

Pretty alarming for newbies and non computer educated people

Seems that it is originating from Google scanning history and / or cache content.

Actually if I read the warning correctly , the problem would be older that 90 days

hope this helps

regards and merry Xmas to all

Norton message

Hi to all,

last evening, between 18:30 and 19:00 eastern Europe time, while reading forums on this site I got at least 10 warnings from Norton Internet Security, see attachment. I'm using Opera.
Hope this helps, and that soon everything will be as usual.

Merry Christmass, regards,

Zoran

Attachments

• norton warning.jpg
    norton warning.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.