diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Forum Problems (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forum-problems/)
-   -   Attachments vanish temporarily after quick edit (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forum-problems/224071-attachments-vanish-temporarily-after-quick-edit.html)

Esperado 22nd November 2012 02:49 AM

Attachments vanish temporarily after quick edit

Closing the attachment page after uploading goes to an error page.
When you edit a post with an image attachment, the attachment is lost if you don't go in advanced (no more visible in the post).
You have to edit-it again in advanced to have-it visible again.

Cal Weldon 25th November 2012 05:15 PM

When editing the post I refresh the page and the attachment reappears.

Esperado 25th November 2012 05:36 PM

You have a post with an image. You edit the post and validate. When the post reapers image is not visible any more. You need to reedit in advanced mode, even with no change, and validate again tho get the image visible again. Validated several time.

Cal Weldon 25th November 2012 05:39 PM

Not for me. The image disappears when I edit but when I refresh the page, it comes right back.

Cal Weldon 25th November 2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esperado (Post 3251303)
Closing the attachment page after uploading goes to an error page.

I don't have this happen either, it just closes.

I know some of the problems people have here is cured by emptying their cache. It doesn't sound like the same thing but maybe try it anyway?

Esperado 25th November 2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal Weldon (Post 3256083)
Not for me. The image disappears when I edit but when I refresh the page, it comes right back.

May-be a different configuration with moderators or administrator rights ? I don't alert-you for nothing, as i'm myself a web developer.
May-be this issue has been addressed in between ?
You do what you want, but i would not like this in one of my forums.

The quoting system is not very advanced neither. In the forum i have developed, you can select any text before to quote, and only this part is quoted. And if you do this several times , even from several posts, quotes are added in your editing window where you where.

Cal Weldon 25th November 2012 06:09 PM

It was the same when I was an ordinary member.

I will take this to the backroom and to the site owner.

Esperado 25th November 2012 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
test

Esperado 25th November 2012 06:15 PM

If i don't refresh the page, i see "Attached Thumbnails" with no image inside. Definitely the bug. Indeed image reapers if i refresh the page, as you said, but is not a normal behavior.

Mooly 25th November 2012 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And now the edited version, I still see Skippy :) as an attached image as I'm typing this. Going to click save...